Monday 12 November 2012

What Shapes Social Pressure?

What shapes the social pressure and expectations? In the first stage, I presented it by applying word stencils on the wall of Voice Balls. It gives the first impression for audience to understand the idea of a noisy environment. Now, how do I expand from that to amplify the message? From the review of the previous stage, I agree that there is a need to work on the channel of sensation, in order to provide better stimulation for the audience.




 Above shows a sculptural performance by Thai artist Rook Floro: "My sculpture is inspired by Carl Jung’s psychological theory about the shadow. It concerns with the repressed ideas, weakness, and desires of oneself that the conscious mind refuses to acknowledge. It represents my ‘shadow’ which involves my hidden desires to be different and become perfect in my own right. We always feel the pressure to be perfect by everything around us such as the media, social network, advertisement, friends, and family."

Being an artist that "investigates ideas of human metamorphosis and particularly the tension between desiring change and appreciating oneself", Rook Floro points out the factors that shape our values. His work shows the resistance of inner voice towards the homogeneity society. So, should I consider channels like media, social network and advertisements as medium to enhance the sensation in receiving the message of Voice Balls?



No comments:

Post a Comment