Tuesday 13 November 2012

Clay Guru Wanted

This week it's still in the stage of planning. Other than trying to expand the idea, I think it's also very crucial to solve the cracking problem. After 2 months leaving the Voice Balls in the base room, the cracks have been worsen. The clay I've tried was first the Super Sculpey, then it cracked when I left it aside after being baked. In my second attempt, I tried with Sculpey III and finally it also cracks as how it looks like now (photos to be uploaded soon).



Although I did some mistakes and over-looked some measurements in the process, I strongly intend to consult a professional or experienced person in clay making products, before I start for the second phase in making the balls. Let's list out my assumptions of the wrong procedures (from the information I gathered online) that lead to the cracks:

1. Without constructing a wire skeleton
2. Using wrong type of clear spray
3. Unsuitable arcylic paint
4. Over-baked

However, these are just all my assumptions. To save cost and time on experimenting, I hope there'll be a good expert willing to share his/her knowledge with me. I've searched for 2 clay making art shops in the town that would probably entertain my inquiry, but I've a feeling in order for them to teach or give the consultancy, I may need to attend their classes. Anyhow, Novia is helping me to contact one of her friend whom is good in clay making. So if people-relation dosen't work, I might need to go to the shop and ask them directly. The 2 shops are:

Located in Ikano Power Centre: Yenji Clay Craft
Located in Puchong: Tana Clay Art Studio



No comments:

Post a Comment