Tuesday 20 November 2012

Recalling The Power of Words

A Scottish artist, Robert Montgomery uses ten years to hijack billboards and bus stops to present his artwork that comments on culture, ranging from consumerism to beauty.




Linking it back to Voice Balls, I have been questioning, other than delivering the forces of advertisements (social pressures) in the form of videos, can it be in other forms of representations? Thanks to Robert's artwork that has recalled me not to forget about the power of text.

Of course, there is a valid reason for me to raise this up. It's due to the aesthetic concern of the video projection and also my intention trying to explore a more metaphoric approach in defining and delivering a clearer message of social pressure. I tend to think, if advertisement is being presented directly, will it overlap the core message of Voice Ball, instead?

Reading material: Street art meets poetry


 

No comments:

Post a Comment