Sunday 11 November 2012

Breathe With The Komma Mantra

"The word comma comes directly from the Greek komma, which means something cut off  or a short clause." - Oxford English Dictionary.

Comma affects the flow of information in any form of conversation or sometimes even dictating the meaning. Erm, for example:

With comma, "Helping your uncle, Jack, off his horse."
Without comma, "Helping your uncle Jack off his horse."

So, how do I connect the function of comma with the creative process?



Along the creative process, taking a break or a deep breath to re-evaluate my decision and direction is indeed important. With a refreshed mind and angle, the journey could be continued with clarity. The documentation activities that involve sketching and writing, would perform as tool for me to condense my thinking and organise my thoughts. In my belief, good communication begins with strategic planning. Komma is the platform for me to practice these process and pray that I (must) have the determination to achieve that!


No comments:

Post a Comment